World Masters Games 2017
Terms and Conditions ‘The Challenge Starts Here’ Competition
By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following Terms and Conditions:
1. This Competition is the World Masters Games 2017 ‘The Challenge Starts Here’ Competition (“The Competition”).
2. The Competition is open to people aged 25 years or over who register to participate in the World Masters Games 2017 (“WMG2017”).
3. Each person can only register once and multiple registrations will result in an entrant being disqualified from the Competition.
4. To enter the Competition, entrants must:
a. Create or accept a ‘challenge’ to participate in World Masters Games 2017 at challenge.worldmastersgames2017.co.nz (“the Competition microsite”) by Tuesday 31 January 2017, 11:59pm NZT.
b. Register to participate in World Masters Games 2017 via www.worldmastersgames2017.co.nz (“the Website”) by Tuesday 31 January 2017, 11:59pm NZT, and have paid their registration in full. Registrations received after this time will not be entered in the competition. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted.
5. Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. WMG2017 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
6. Registrations to participate in World Masters Games received prior to the commencement of the Competition, and which meet all other Competition Terms and Conditions, are automatically entered into the Competition and are eligible to receive the Prize.
B. Entries, Selection and Prize Draw
7. The winning entrant (“the Winner”) will be drawn on Wednesday 01 February 2017, at 1pm NZT, and their names published on the Website, on WMG2017’s Facebook Page, and other WMG2017 public and social media channels.
8. The Winner will be contacted by email as provided on their registration form. If any Winner does not acknowledge receipt within seven days, WMG2017 will draw another winner. WMG2017’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. There is one prize to be won comprising of:
a. A refund of the Winner’s World Masters Games 2017 registration fee up to a maximum value of NZD$300 (including GST) – equivalent to the value of a Bronze Athlete registration package.
b. The refund will be paid into the bank account nominated by the Winner.
10. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
11. If the Prize or part of it becomes unavailable (for any reason), WMG2017 reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize at its own and sole discretion, including providing the Winner with a substitute Prize, either in full or in part.
12. If the value of the Winner’s registration package is valued less than NZD$300 (including GST), the refund will only be equivalent to the value paid by the Winner.
13. If the Winner cancels their WMG2017 registration at a later time, only the value over NZD$300 (including GST), if applicable, will be refunded in accordance with any WMG2017 cancellation terms and conditions that apply at the time.
14. The information provided on the registration form will be used to contact the Winner. In addition, the Winner consents to WMG2017 using their name for promotional purposes to be displayed on the Website and other WMG2017 channels.
15. The Winner also consenta to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition.
16. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected. WMG2017 will use the email addresses provided by the entrants to email them promotional material about the World Masters Games 2017. Entrants can unsubscribe at any time.
17. The following persons are not eligible to win the Prize:
a. Anyone under the age of 25 at the time of entering the Competition;
b. Anyone who works for WMG2017, Auckland Council, or any of the Auckland council-controlled organisations, their immediate family members or any agencies or companies associated with the Competition.
18. WMG2017 reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the Competition at its sole discretion. WMG2017 also reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won the Prize by using fraudulent means.
19. WMG2017 will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any entrant or the Winners as a result of or in connection with the Competition or due to the Prize won in the Competition.
20. WMG2017 is not responsible or liable for:
a. any of the Winner’s costs and expenses in accepting or using the Prize;
b. any inability to submit or complete the registration form or any delays in submitting the registration form for any reason;
c. any inability to create or accept a challenge on the Competition microsite or any delays in submitting the challenge for any reason;
d. the entrant’s details on their registration form or challenge, in particular if the Winner cannot be contacted due to incorrect or out-of-date details provided.
21. WMG2017 reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at their sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Competition.
22.These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.