TVNZ sports presenter and WMG2017 Ambassador Jenny-May Clarkson is giving one kiwi sports lover the chance to join her Triathlon team for the Games.
She and husband Dean have entered the Triathlon Sprint Team event which takes place on Auckland’s waterfront. Jenny-May will take on the 750 metre ocean swim and Dean will tackle the 20km bike ride. Now they’re looking for someone to complete the 5km run in the relay-style event.
The search for the third member of Team Clarkson is open to anybody aged 30 or over, which is the entry age for Triathlon, who is up for a 5km run at next year’s Games.
Simply compete the entry form below and tell us in 50 words or fewer why you should be Team Clarkson’s #thirdwheel.
The competition closes on Sunday November 20 at 5pm and Jenny-May and Dean will personally select the winner.
As well as joining Team Clarkson, the winner will receive $500 to assist with registration, travel and accommodation costs, and a Team Clarkson shirt from Project Clothing.
See below for terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following Terms and Conditions:
1. This Competition is the World Masters Games 2017 ‘#thirdwheel’ Competition (“The Competition”).
2. The Competition is open to New Zealand residents aged 30 years or over who register to compete in the World Masters Games 2017 (“WMG2017”).
3. Winner must be able to take part in the Triathlon event at WMG2017 which takes place in Auckland on Saturday 29 April, 2017.
4. Winner must register for WMG2017 at their own cost in order to take part in the Triathlon event as part of Team Clarkson.
5. Each person can only register once and multiple entries will result in an entrant being disqualified from the Competition.
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the entry form via www.worldmastersgames2017.co.nz (“the Website”) by Sunday 20 November 2016 5pm NZT. Entries received after this time will not be entered in the competition. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted.
7. Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. WMG2017 reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry that does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
B. Entries, Selection and Prize Draw
8. The winning entrant (“the Winner”) will be selected on Monday 28 November 2016, at 1pm NZT by Team Clarkson and their names published on the Website, on WMG2017’s Facebook Page, and other WMG2017 public and social media channels.
9. The Winners will be contacted by email as provided on their registration form. If any Winner does not acknowledge receipt within seven days, WMG2017 will choose another winner. WMG2017’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Prize consists of a place in the "Team Clarkson" WMG2017 Triathlon team and a $500 NZD Prezzy card
10. The Prize is not redemable for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
11. If the Prize or part of it becomes unavailable (for any reason), WMG2017 reserves the right to cancel or amend the Prize at its own and sole discretion, including providing the Winner with a substitute Prize, either in full or in part.
12. The information provided on the entry form will be used to contact the Winner. In addition, the Winner consents to WMG2017 using their name for promotional purposes to be displayed on the Website and other WMG2017 channels.
13. The Winner also consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition.
14. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected. WMG2017 will use the email addresses provided by the entrants to email them promotional material about the World Masters Games 2017. Entrants can unsubscribe at any time.
15. The following persons are not eligible to win the Prize:
a. Anyone under the age of 30 at the time of entering the Competition;
b. Anyone not a New Zealand resident
c. Anyone who works for WMG2017, Auckland Council, or any of the Auckland council-controlled organisations, their immediate family members or any agencies or companies associated with the Competition.
16. WMG2017 reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the Competition at its sole discretion. WMG2017 also reserves the right to refuse to award the Prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Competition or won the Prize by using fraudulent means.
17. WMG2017 will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any entrant or the Winner as a result of or in connection with the Competition or due to the Prize won in the Competition.
18. WMG2017 is not responsible or liable for:
a. any of the Winners’ costs and expenses in accepting or using the Prize;
b. any inability to submit or complete the entry form or any delays in submitting the entry form for any reason;
c. the entrants’ details on their entry form, in particular if the Winner cannot be contacted due to incorrect or out-of-date details provided.
19. WMG2017 reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at their sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Competition.
20. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.