First Aid at the Games

First aid officers will be available at each of the venues during Games time, and allocated treatment areas will be clearly identifiable. First aid will also be available at the Games Entertainment Hub as well as at the Opening and Closing Ceremonies. If an incident occurs and you require further treatment or support than what is available at a Games venue, you will be referred onto a specialist or taken to a local hospital for further treatment.


Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy

There will be onsite user pay physiotherapy and massage services available at some Games venues. 

Check available onsite services in your specific Sports Information Guides under Medical Services. 

Find A Clinic - Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy

For participants looking for treatment or medical services outside of their Games Venue or competition, please see your Sports Information Guide (Medical Services section) for website links to lead medical service provider’s offsite clinics.

The following website links are to the national registry of New Zealand Registered Practitioners for Physiotherapy and Massage Therapy. Participants can follow the links and enter their current location or accommodation address and find clinics located nearby.



Emergency First Aid

In the event of an emergency, support should first be sought from the onsite medical personnel at the sports venue. However, if you are not at a venue and require emergency medical support, the number to call in New Zealand is 111.

If you get sick within a month of arriving into New Zealand, please seek medical advice as soon as you can.
Telephone free support is available from Healthline on 0800 611 116 or contact a doctor.
It is important to tell them that you have been outside New Zealand recently.

Additional information is available via

Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)

If you’re injured during your visit to New Zealand, you might be able to get some help from ACC, including help to pay for treatment and other kinds of support you might need because of your injury.

ACC is an organisation which provides no fault injury cover to everyone in New Zealand, including visitors from overseas. However, ACC cover isn’t a replacement for travel insurance and doesn’t cover things like disrupted travel plans or costs once you leave New Zealand.

For more information please take a look at our brochure ‘Getting help if you’re injured visiting our country’.

Travelling with Prescription Medicines

If you are carrying prescription medicines or controlled drugs you should:

  • Have a prescription or letter from your doctor;
  • Carry the drugs in their original containers; and
  • Only carry three (3) months’ supply of the prescription medicines or one (1) months’ supply of controlled drugs.

Further information is available at

Key information